How do I fold and unfold my scooter?
In order to fold your scooter, follow the below steps:
- Pull up the 'handlebar lock' at the base of the handlebars to release.
- Push down the handlebars.
- Ensure the 'handlebar lock' springs back to lock in position.
In order to unfold your scooter, follow the below steps:
- Pull the 'handlebar lock' to release.
- Pull up the handlebars to a vertical position.
- Ensure the 'handlebar lock' is pushed back down to lock the bars into position.
How do I adjust the handlebar height on my scooter?
To adjust the handlebar height on your scooter, follow the below steps:
- Loosen the handlebar stem adjuster & pull out the handlebars until the button pops out.
- Push in the button and pull the handlebars up and down until it is the correct height for your child.
- When at the desired height, screw tight the stem adjuster.
How do I steer my scooter?
In order to steer your scooter, please follow the below steps:
- The T-Motion is a 'Lean and Steer' scooter, so instead of turning the handlebars, you lean them to the left or right.
- Lean the handlebars to the right and the wheels will turn you to the right - lean the handlebars to the left and the wheels will turn you to the left.
- Activate the friction brake by pressing it down with your heel.
Why is the charger light displaying green when my scooter is not fully charged?
Please continue to charge the scooter for the recommended amount of time. The light should eventually turn back to red and then green when fully charged.
Why does my scooter have a short run time (15 minutes or less)?
The battery may be undercharged. You should charge the battery for the recommended amount of time. A new battery should be charged for a minimum of 3 hours on it's first charge and then charged for a minimum of 2 hours for every subsequent charge.
Additionally, your battery may be old and not accepting a full charge. Even with proper care, a rechargeable battery does not last forever. The average battery life is 1 to 2 years depending on scooter use and conditions. Replace the battery with only a Zinc replacement battery.
Why does my scooter only work intermittently?
Your scooter may have a loose connection and needs a connection test. In order to perform a connection test, unscrew and take off the footplate and check that all plastic connectors on the inside of the scooter are secured.
Additionally, your scooter may be overloaded. Make sure you do not overload the scooter by allowing more than one rider at a time, exceeding the maximum weight limit (50kg), going up a hill or towing objects behind the scooter.
Your scooter may have motor or electrical switch damage. Please contact Zinc customer services on 0800 731 0006 or email@example.com for diagnosis and repair options.
What should I do if a part on my scooter has broken?
If a part on your scooter has broken and you require a replacement, please contact Zinc customer services on 0800 731 0006 or firstname.lastname@example.org for diagnosis and repair options.